With COVID-19 & Social Distancing having taken the world by storm, we at Hole19 HQ have been thinking of what we can do to bring more fun into the game while keeping you safe out there on the golf course.
Today we're making our beta version of Hole19-LIVE available for everybody.
THIS IS HOW A LEADERBOARD WOULD LOOK LIKE USING STABLEFORD SCORING BETWEEN A GROUP OF 6 GOLFERS (ZOOM IN TO SEE THE DETAILS)
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
1. Visit hole19golf.com/performance/leaderboards and log in to your Hole19 account.
2. Create a new leaderboard by giving it a name, and then:
a) Set the day the round will be played;
b) Pick the course you and your friends will tee off on;
c) Check the correct tee-boxes to be used (e.g. Men's and Ladies tees)
d) Choose the scoring format (Stableford or Stroke Play)
3. Once the leaderboard has been created, you will get to an "invite page" with a link that you should share with your friends via Whatsapp, iMessage, or Email for them to join.
WHAT YOUR FRIENDS NEED TO DO
1. They need to be registered & signed in on Hole19 via the website.
2. Click the link you sent them and "join the round" on the top right.
3. On the day of the round, everyone just needs to simply play with their own version of the Hole19 app. Make sure everyone selects the correct tee-box and has their handicap updated for correct leaderboard calculations.
DURING (OR AFTER) YOUR ROUND
Once you have started playing, you simply need to click on the same link that was shared and the scores of your group will appear on the leaderboard in real-time.
And that's it!
We are going to continue to work on this new functionality to make it better, but we wanted to make sure all of you had access to this immediately, as it can be helpful in times where social distancing will become more important in golf.
We hope you find this useful and look forward to continuing to improve Hole19-LIVE for golfers around the world.
Happy Golfing & Be safe! 💙